Friday, April 6, 2012

The Foam Roller Works!

After a slow 7.54 km run because of running with sore legs from previous training, I knew that I needed to give my legs a break. Thank God for my ever ready sister-in-law Noelle, aka Kikay Runner, I get to  treat my legs to a foam roller session.


The foam roller is a foam log that is used to relax contracting muscles and increase circulation. This works by using body weight on different positions to hit different areas. While flexing leg muscles, just roll to target the pain, then stay on that pressure point for 30-60 seconds and enjoy the salay (odd combination of sarap and aray) brought about by muscle relief.

Runners World magazine says that the foam roller provides similar benefits to a deep-tissue massage. What's awesome is that it can prevent injury, cure pain and restriction of motion, and improve performance. For a complete guide on how to roll, click right here .

After getting on the floor, I was amazed by its instant effect, so instant that it got me typing on this blog right away. My stiff legs usually heal in a matter of days, but now I feel recovered and ready to hit the road anytime soon.

If you had any serious injuries in the past, you should consult a health professional first to make sure that the foam roller is safe for you.

Rock n Roll runners!

You can purchase a foam roller at any Runnr branch.






1 comment:

  1. It's super useful especially after the intense or long runs.

    ReplyDelete