Friday, February 17, 2012

From the Sidelines

I got my husband Michael a new pair of running shoes today!

Since he seriously got back into running and decided to pursue it for good, it was only fitting for him to jumpstart his training with new gear. He chose the Mizuno Wave Rider 14, and broke it in with an 8k run around BGC this afternoon. He seemed pretty happy with his new running "buddies", and therefore, I conclude that it was worth every centavo.

While I'm still recovering from a caesarian section and am unable to workout for the next two months, I'm happy to cheer him on as he trains for longer distance running. With our baby Brooke as our inspiration, I have no doubt Michael will improve on his speed and endurance within the next few weeks and that I will be able to start strong in training as soon as I have fully recovered from the operation.

Now, to get myself a nice new pair of shoes as well... Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. My Asawa thank you for getting me these shoes. Oh and thank you for riding along this big fat idea of run/blogging. When you get fully recovered lets get you red shoes too =)

    ReplyDelete