Friday, February 17, 2012

The Reason and the Purpose

Why the name? What's this blog about?!?

Relax. Give this blog a chance to start. Last week, our dear daughter Brooke Gabrielle joined our Creator after nine months of pregnancy joy and three days of miracles. Our Brooke had a rare condition in the brain that didn't allow her to breathe on her own. But despite the fact that doctors said she would not make it through the day, she gave us 61 meaningful hours of life to teach us a lesson on perseverance and love. I thought to myself, "I need to find an outlet to put to practice what our three-day-old taught us. I chose to run... seriously.

My wife Marielle and I have been running 5k and 10k races since 2009, but we never really took it seriously. We were influenced by Marielle's sister Noelle De Guzman aka Kikay Runner, but our love for running fizzled out recently. As fad victims, I would attribute it to a lack of purpose.

Brooke gave us just that--a new found purpose. Now, Marielle and I run not for her, because she's got everything up there in Heaven.We run because of her, because of the valuable life lessons she left us with.

So to answer those questions above, the color red represents love. It's because of love that we run, and it's because of love that we share our experiences with you as a running/blogging duo.

4 comments:

  1. I'm seriously excited to observe and support you guys on this journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Ate Noelle, can I train under you too? :)

    Kudos to an inspiring power couple! Your Brooke will always be remembered! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is nice!Following this blog and putting it on my blog roll :) Godbless you two :)

    ReplyDelete