Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Rave about the Wave (Mizuno Wave Rider 14)

I love shoes! Especially running shoes. Every time I visit a mall, you'll find me window shopping, analyzing, and fitting shoes over and over and over again. You may call me a shoe sales man's worst nightmare. Design is a must for me, and thank God that there are now many great running shoes that satisfy both the scientific and aesthetic tastes of running enthusiasts like me. In this renewed running adventure and for a runner with neutral needs, I went with the Mizuno Wave Rider 14.

Initially, I wasn't impressed with the design, but when I saw the mars red model , I knew I had to have this one. More than that, this shoe gave me the support I didn't get from any of my previous shoes. In fact, this shoe gives me the best of both worlds--cushioning and stability. In some commentaries, I noticed that a common complaint about this shoe is the high collar and the discomfort this causes the runner. Well, I guess that would depend on if you have big ankles and/or your ankle balls protrude. For my kind of feet and ankles, though, the shoe fit me like a glove. With thin ankles, I need all the support I can get, and this shoe provides just the support I need. On top of that, the mars red model suits us as "The Red Runners".  Teehee...


While I rave about this shoe, I would not encourage you to just randomly go out and get this particular model. Every foot has its own unique anatomy. You still have to visit stores like Riovana Runnr or taf (the athletes foot), get your gait analysis to learn about your pronation, and proceed to choosing the perfect shoe for you. 

For now, having the Mizuno Wave Rider 14 is my Cinderella ending. Instead of being given the shoe by a prince, my wife/princess got me this as a gift, and we both will run happily ever after.

Now to find the perfect shoe for her...


1 comment: